about the Red House Group
The Red House Group Inc is an artist managed non-profit organisation that acts as a focus for art and cultural activities for all individuals and groups in the City of Marion council area and its surrounding region. The Red House Group operates Gallery M, a premier visual arts venue in the Marion Cultural Centre. Gallery M has a fully equipped gallery with approximately 66 linear metres of hanging space, state of the art lighting and temperature control.
The main objectives of the Red House Group are to:
- promote and encourage quality and innovative exhibitions by artists and community groups.
- assist the professional development of artists living in the community.
- enhance and promote the profile of artists in the community.
- develop increased audience participation in the Red House.
- identify and promote economic development opportunities for artists in the community.
- provide access to groups and individuals of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- promote community awareness of art, craft and culture
- provide opportunities for professional artsworkers to work with and in the community.
- provide a tourist information service to the community.Gallery M is staffed by part time paid personnel during all opening hours, supported by a great team of volunteers.
The Red House Group currently has over 300 members. Membership does not confer exclusivity, but rather confers extra advantages to the membership holder. One advantage is the right to display work for sale in the shop, but on the other hand it also engenders the responsibility of staffing the centre - a most valuable resource
Annual Membership fees:
- Full member $ 35
- Concession $ 25
Reductions apply when joining after 31 March in any year. Each month, members of the Red House Group are mailed a newsletter - keeping them informed of group activities, exhibitions and prizes, and what other members are doing in their arts practice.
To download a copy of the Red House Group membership application form, click (below)
Each year the Red House Group has some fundraising activities to support group activities.